An electrical burn is when a person comes into contact with a live electrical current, such as touching an electrically live object or coming in touch with electrified water.
An important distinction to make when checking or diagnosing the burn is. Whether it had an electrical cause or a thermal cause. For instance, burning your hand from your hair straighteners would be a thermal burn rather than an electrical burn, which would require a different remedy.
You could think the electrical burn is not that important since the damage may easily be overlooked. Yet, they can cause quite substantial damage to the tissues deeper underneath your skin. Blood vessels, nerves, muscles, tendons, fat, and bones may all be affected. They can cause a lot of physical damage eventually.
Electrical burns can be prevented, especially in your home. Here are the following beneficial tips you can do to avoid electrical burn at home:
- Ensure all outlets that are accessible to children are safe. By using a cover plate to prevent them from touching it, especially with wet hands.
- Keep wires or electrical items away where water could come into contacts, such as in the kitchen or bathroom.
- Assure you have a working RCD (Residual Current Device – a safety device that switches off electricity automatically if there is a fault) fitted in your home to protect from leaking currents.
- Don’t put electrical wires within reach of children as they might start to chew on the wire.
- Never use any electrical appliances or devices with wet hands.
- Avoid using low-grade electrical appliances or devices. As they are often cheaply made and bypass safety requirements to reduce costs.
If you think you have an electrical burn? We suggest that you get medical treatment as soon as possible. No matter how minor your injury is. If you witness someone get electrocuted, make sure that they are no longer in contact with the live current before helping and touching them. Most importantly, avoid moving them until professional medical care has arrived.
Call Zoom Electricians For A Safe and Secure Electrical System At Home!
When it comes to reliable and safe residential electrical services, contact us here at Zoom Electricians! We offer comprehensive and affordable electrical services, including electrical outlet repair, electrical outlet installation, wiring repair, wiring installation, switch repair, switch installation, and more!
Rest assured that we have a team of fully insured, licensed, and certified electricians. They also have years of knowledge and experience under their belts. So every job they tackle will give you peace of mind. Knowing they will handle it with care, efficiency, promptness, and professionalism. Whatever your electrical needs may be, no matter how complicated or small it is, we can handle it all!